The Australian Consumer Law (“Law”) which forms part of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 is relevant with certain statutory conditions and warranties in our consumer contracts, which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These are in addition to any voluntary warranties offered by the manufacturer or supplier. Where there is a breach of such a warranty relating to Products, and the breach is in terms of the Law, a “major” failure, then the remedy will be limited to a refund or a replacement of your preference. In all other cases, a breach of such warranty will give rise to a refund or replacement at our preference.
AL HELOU Furniture will not be responsible and will not refund or replace furniture that is damaged as a result of improper use by the customer. We will not be held responsible if the customer fails to follow specified instructions in the handling, installation and fitting of our products. All warranty claims will be voided if written notice is not received by the Company in reasonable time, and if goods have been modified, repaired, or improperly stored by persons not authorised by AL HELOU Furniture.
AL HELOU Furniture warranty covers all furniture against defects from manufacture or workmanship for 12 months from date of delivery of goods. Customer acknowledges that the goods are for household use and that any commercial, institutional, rental trade or other non-household use voids this warranty. Our warranty on all furniture does not include normal wear and usage defects. Normal wear and usage includes:
- notice of slight compression on the padding of your lounge. Following delivery and on a regular basis, it is necessary to ensure the padding and cushions return to its initial appearance.
- Softening of padding and cushions which occur over time. This will cause light creasing, wrinkling and slight stretching of the leather which is considered to be normal wear, enhancing the look and feel of leather.
- Softening of seat cushions over time is completely normal and is not considered a defect in any way. Sitting on one particular seat most of the time will cause that seat to soften more than the others.
The Warranty period commences from the date that the contract of sale is completed. The period of the Warranty will be:
- 12 months for internal frame construction for sofas, daybeds, chaise, armchairs and recliners; applicable to genuine leather lounges. While all internal frame construction for leather and fabric lounges carries a 12 months’ warranty.
- 12 months for furniture (including upholstery furniture coverings, foam, finishing (stitching, glue, nails, tacks) and recliner mechanisms), and any other product which AL HELOU Furniture identifies in writing as attaching this Warranty; and
- 12 months for all other products.
This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. This Warranty is not transferable and does not cover products used for commercial purposes.
LIGHT FITTING & ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS
- All light fittings will be warranted for a period of twelve (12) months.
- This warranty is solely exclusive to manufacturer defects in material and workmanship. All other damages and defects resulting from any other causes including customers’ failure to care for the goods; normal wear and tear; improper installation and fitting; and all forms of physical, chemical and accidental damages, Damage or faults as a result of any other cause is not covered.
- All electrical and electronic components must be installed by a qualified licensed electrician. Failure to do so will void this warranty. Proof of installation by a licensed electrician must be presented to make any claims under this warranty.
- Warranty is only extended to the original purchaser. Proof of purchase (original receipt) must be presented when making a warranty claim.
- AL HELOU Furniture in its sole discretion reserves the right on these products to; repair the faults and defects, replace the goods or refund the Customer for the purchase.
- All cartage and freight expenses will be borne by the customer.
- AL HELOU Furniture will not be responsible or liable for any loss, injury or damage resulting from improper installation, use or application of our products. Customers will take responsibility for the proper and safe fitting of products acquired from AL HELOU Furniture .
WARRANTY PROVISIONS AND INCLUSIONS
- We will refund, give store credit or replace the Product as the case may be in the circumstances and to the extent required under the Law if the Product you receive
- does not match the description on the website except for slight variations in colour due to the screen settings of your computer or mobile device;
- is substantially unfit for its intended or disclosed purpose on the product description page on our website or manual as the case may be;
- is not of acceptable quality (as defined in the Law);
- is unsafe; or
- if the alleged issue with the Product is such that a reasonable consumer aware of the issue would not have acquired the Product.
- Where a refund, a store credit or replacement is to be provided under the terms of this warranty, we may to the extent permitted under the Law, require the return of the Product to us before refunding or replacing it. We will not pay for, or reimburse you for, any shipping costs to return the original Product to us.
- Replacement products are subject to the same warranties as the original.
- You must retain your proof of purchase for any manufacturer warranty claims.
- Refunds will be made back to the payment option you chose with your original order. This can only be processed back onto the same card that original payment was taken from.
- In order to obtain these remedies, you must
- notify us within a reasonable time from supply of the goods. In this context, a ‘reasonable time’ is from the time of supply until a time that it would be reasonable to expect the relevant failure to become apparent, considering the nature of goods. In most cases, this will be 3 – 5 days. Please contact us our Customer Care Team via the Help centre.
- Except if and to the extent the Law requires otherwise, return the original Product to us.
- We aim to process refunds and replacements within 30 days of receipt by us of the original Product.
- We will not refund or replace a Product where in our reasonable opinion the Product has following the sale to you become of unacceptable quality due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, using it in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care. In case of return being rejected, you will pay for the return freight costs and any inspection costs reasonably incurred.
- Where any law implies a warranty into this agreement, which may not be lawfully excluded, then to the extent allowed by law, our Liability for breach of the warranty will at our option be limited to:
- The replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods
- The repair of the goods
- The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods
- The payment of the cost of having the goods repaired
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS AND EXCEPTIONS
The AL HELOU Furniture Warranty Program specifically excludes claims for:
- Damage or degradation of timber, leather and fabric coverings not properly maintained; that is, the regular removal of dust and dirt by appropriate means and the application of endorsed cleaning and care nourishing products as instructed at time of sale
- Damage to timber, leather or fabric coverings due to the application of chemicals, cleaners or conditioners not endorsed by AL HELOU Furniture
- Products used in commercial, rental trade, institutional or other non-residential use
- The normal and expected settling of soft filling such as polyester fibre and leather
- Leather and timber grain variation, colour variation, wrinkling, markings, and scars resulting from the natural features of the product
- Discolouration of timber, leather or fabric coverings resulting from exposure to direct sunlight, extreme heat or similar conditions
- Damage incurred during handling and transportation of the product by the customer or their contractor
- Damage, misuse caused to a furniture of any kind as a result of Incorrect assembly, neglect or abuse of the goods, or damage caused from Improper storage. And any use of toxic cleaning products that are not recommended for its type; or metal actions, mechanisms and electric motors.
- Damages resulting from dye transfer from rugs, cushions, jeans and other clothing
- Furniture repaired by contractors not endorsed by AL HELOU Furniture
- Damage to leather or fabric coverings caused by the transference of perspiration, body oils or the corrosive ingredients contained in personal care products such as hair gels and skin creams
- Surface scratches, dents, chips, marks, accidental breakages, normal wear and tear or damage resulting from misuse or abuse
- The cost of transportation from the purchaser to AL HELOU Furniture or its agents, if the claim is not covered by the standard warranty conditions
- damage caused to a product or person resulting from use of the product by a person who is over 120 Kg’s
AL HELOU Furniture will pass on any warranty on a mattress provided to it by a mattress manufacturer to you. The warranty period is as specified by the manufacturer.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable manufacturing and workmanship damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent that they are compatible with the consumer laws in Australia, the exclusions and provisions that apply to the AL HELOU Furniture Warranty apply to the consumer guarantees.
Please contact our Customer Care Team to submit any warranty claim by our warranty terms. You must retain your proof of purchase for any manufacturer warranty claims. You may also be required to send us images of the damage to aid in our assessments. email@example.com